With our Division 2 contest this coming weekend, Director Donny Rose discussed the tricky matter of “who gets to sing” at contest.
We have several men who have not qualified for our Division 2 contest and won’t be singing with us.
This is always so loaded for any volunteer organization. Leadership is trying to balance…
- clear music expectations against a standard
- clear performance expectations against a standard
- the needs of the many versus the needs (wishes/desire) of the few
- trying to encourage guys who hurt us vocally (but hope to make it)
- trying to encourage guys who look bad and hurt us visually (but hope to make it)